List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Re: ICC profiles and R800
From:       Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-22 17:30:01

Am 22.11.04, 16:48 -0000 schrieb Alastair M. Robinson:

> Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>
> > my english - did I get You right:
> > You want handle multi layer images, with each layer assigned an own
> > profile?
>
> Pretty much - if you're printing photos 4-up, you might have some with
> embedded profiles, in which case the embedded profile should be used,
> and others without, in which case a default profile will be used.

Ok, now I understand - photoprint needs this capability for the contact
sheeds You wanna create. Would go as far with photoprint to handle
multilayer tiffs with transparency?
These kind of images will typically contain only one profile or colour
space. As example hugin produces such an output - row by row of shots
combined in an single panoramic mosaic.

> Since PhotoPrint has to feed a single full-page image to Gutenprint,
> these profiles must be applied early on, before the images are scaled,
> rotated and composited into a full-page layout.  That's why the
> colour-management aspect can't easily be handed off to code shared by
> the print plugin.
>
> All the best,
> --
> Alastair M. Robinson