List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Epson Stylus Photo R800, first look
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2004-08-25 22:54:58

   From: regisr <regisr@regix.com>
   Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:13:08 +0200 (CEST)

   On 01-Aug-2004 Robert L Krawitz wrote:

   > This is going to be a rather tricky printer to get fully working,
   > because of the gloss enhancer and the red and blue inks.

   What is the roadmap for this driver (excepted for CD printing) ?
   i.e. could we expect a full driver at the end of the year or later?
   I don't ask for exact date, only an idea of course.  Is the driver
   fully working in CYMK for photo printing now?  And do you use Matte
   Black or Photo Black ?

I hope to have it fully working earlier than that.  I don't know if
I'll have it working in time for 5.0 or not.  It's going to need some
significant internal changes, partly to do the CMYKRB conversion
correctly and partly to handle the gloss enhancer.  Those changes will
go beyond the Epson driver.  However, they'll probably be mostly
extensions.  The gloss enhancer may need some changes.

The driver may work for CMYK printing now, but results may be poor.  I
think there's an option to choose either matte black or photo black.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton