List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] epson3000
From:       Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-03-13 6:56:13

Hi Robert,

I like to thank You for Your help with the epson 3000.

On the Chemnitzer Linuxtag meeting/fair I could show with this and an
other printer color correct image reproduction. This means:
scan in an oil painting
 -> load in cinepaint
  -> set in the print-lcms dialog the scanner and printer profiles
   -> set some geometric arguments with the gimp-print dialog
    -> wait for the output

... and voila You need to look carful what is the original and what the
painting (shurely from an certain distance).

Now I think the epson 3000 I have is , old as he is, damaged in the front
loader. From there came the strange behaviour I think now. Loading the
paper from the back works correct after Your first patch.

I could show the 1:1 copying I mentioned above, as well as proofing of an
offset machine + high end 16-bit printing with an esp 2100.
Since the prints hang on my exhibition booth, people was very excited.

You and all other developers of gimp-print did a great work with the
dithering algorythms and the big color depth.

Many thanks for this aspects in the gimp-print work
Kai-Uwe