List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] epson C63 paper alignment
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2004-01-31 20:22:13

   Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:10:01 +0100
   From: Martin Wuerthner <public@mw-software.com>
   Cc: rlk@alum.mit.edu

   In message <200401311923.i0VJN9Ht003689@dsl092-065-009.bos1.dsl.speakeasy.net>
	     Robert L Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

   >    Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:19:09 +0100
   >    From: Martin Wuerthner <martin@mw-software.com>
   >    Cc: gimp-print-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
   >
   >    In message <200401311847.i0VIlxC6003477@dsl092-065-009.bos1.dsl.speakeasy.net>
   > 	     Robert L Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
   >
   >    > Try this and let me know how it works.  The 55 constant may need
   >    > tuning.  Theoretically it should be 38 or so, but your results suggest
   >    > it should be about 80.
   >    >
   >    > I was asking how far off the left edge of the paper the print appeared
   >    > to go.
   >    >
   >    > [fix snipped]
   >
   >    OK, that is much better. With the modified code, the misplacement is
   >    between 1.1 - 1.2mm (i.e., that much is clipped off at the left).
   >
   > Try 72 instead of 55, then.

   This may sound surprising, but with 125, I get a perfect printout -
   and by perfect I mean that vertical 0.25pt hair lines at the very
   left and the very right of the A4 page (i.e., just inside the page)
   both print. So, there is absolutely zero border neither on the left
   nor on the right.

OK, we'll go with that.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>