List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Epson C64
From:       Brad Tombaugh <Brad () Tombaugh ! org>
Date:       2004-01-08 2:28:25

Robert,

I, too, have just purchased an Epson C64, as a replacement for the two
ESC-800's and an 850 that (still!) print terribly slowly with
GIMP-Print/CUPS on my FreeBSD 5.2-Current machine.  I'm using the
4.2.6.rc2 sources from the email that was posted last week, but have
been unsuccessful in making it work.  The PPD for the C64 shows up in
the printer list, but when I try to print a test page from CUPS.  It
prints "Lx" on the first line, then several lines of "?'s" before I
cancel the job...  This is the same behavior that I've gotten with the
previous 4.2.x and 4.3.x sources that I've tried since support for the
C64 was added.  My system has CUPS 1.1.20 and Ghostscript-GNU 7.07_4.
I've just tried your suggestion of removing libgimpprint.so* to no
avail...

Please don't be misled by the fact that I'm running -CURRENT, I'm not
much of a developer, but I'm a decent sys admin... :-)  Please let me
know if there is any more info I can collect for you that would be
helpful...  Thanks for you help!