List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] Re: Saturation adjustment
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2004-01-01 0:34:45

   Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:31:49 +1300
   From: Mark Tomlinson <mark@southern.co.nz>
   Cc: gimp-print-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

   On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:11:40 -0500
   Robert L Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

   >    I've just checked in a change to print-color.c to fix gimp-print
   >    randomly crashing when using a saturation greater than 1.4. This
   >    may also fix a bug I noticed with wrong colors when using the
   >    "bright" mode.
   >
   > Could you take a look at 4.2 to see if this issue also exists there?

   4.2 looks fine just browsing the code. A lot has changed in
   print-color.c since then. hue_cache etc. didn't exist in 4.2.

   >    While I was there I noticed that line 516 made no sense. I changed
   > 	 double s2 = 1.0 - ((1.0 - adjust) * isat);
   >    to:
   > 	 double s2 = 1.0 - ((1.0 - sat) * isat);
   >
   >    As far as I can see, the former would always give a result greater
   >    than one, and therefore have no effect.
   >
   > Hmm.

   Once again, this was correct in 4.2.

   The reason I have been using the saturation values is that the
   purples (between magenta and blue) looked rather washed out. I
   notice that the standard saturation adjustments are all set to 1.0
   now, as opposed to the curve that was present in 4.2.

Does your (second) change fix a specific problem?