List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] XML stuff
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2003-10-16 12:01:46

One thing I noticed last night is that the package takes a long time
to start up (a couple of seconds), mostly because the XML code insists
on preloading all of the XML files it finds rather than just the ones
that are needed.  This means that all of the dither matrices get
loaded, and those are huge files (and then one of them might get
reloaded later).

I've implemented a hack in my sandbox to let testing proceed at a
reasonable pace (only load printers.xml and papers.xml, and then the
dither code loads an appropriately-named dither matrix), but this is
somewhat ugly.  Roger, any ideas?

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net