List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] New Gimp-Print 4.3.14
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2003-05-30 11:12:37

   From: Roy Fernando <jrf42@mac.com>
   Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 20:54:21 -0400

   Today I received your news email and I found that there is a new
   gimp-print version 4.3.14 and  espgs-7.05.6. At the moment I am using
   Gimp Print v4.2.5 and espg v7.05.5-0.
   When I downloaded the new drivers and decompressed them, there was no
   installer like the previous versions. When I read the 'README' file, it
   is too much technical for me to understand. I presume I have to use the
   Terminal in MacOs X 10.2.6. I have no experience in using the Terminal
   at all.

4.3.14 is a developers-only release of Gimp-Print, and it's currently
provided only in source code form.  At some point we'll start
providing pre-built packages.

	   I am so thankful to you people for putting out this most
   wonderful software and now I can use my Epson 900N and an older Epson
   Photo EX with my Mac. However I am unable to use the Epson Utility
   under the Gimp. It is dimmed and not available. The new README talks
   something about that too. So what are the options I have to install and
   use the new drivers? Your help will be much appreciated.
   Thank you very much for the wonderful work you all are doing.

4.3.14 isn't going to resolve this issue.  We're looking into other
options for providing utilities of this kind.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton