List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] New channel code
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2003-05-25 2:26:50

I'm getting close to finished with my new channel architecture; I've
spent all afternoon fixing bugs and testing.  It isn't perfect; the
transition happens a bit too early and I cannot seem to resolve that
problem right now.  There are also a few warts.  However, the Epson
and HP simulators both give it a clean bill of health.

There's more testing I want to do yet on this, which hopefully won't
take me too much longer.

I'd like to check this in fairly soon, once I'm reasonably happy with
things, and let people play with it.  Basically, what it does is treat
each physical channel as a separate channel at the dither stage, and
there's some new code to split the logical CMYK channels into whatever
they should be.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net