List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    [Gimp-print-devel] Gimp cannot print
From:       Gene Heskett <gene.heskett () verizon ! net>
Date:       2003-05-19 18:21:57

On Monday 19 May 2003 07:11, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
>   From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net>
>   Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 22:06:26 -0400
>   Cc: regisr@regix.com, gimp-print-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
>
>   On Sunday 18 May 2003 21:25, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
>   >   From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net>
>   >   Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 21:14:10 -0400
>   >
>   >   While I'm not in a position to do more than suggest, the
>   > comments I read about it would tend to make sense out of
>   > making the configure.in aware of the diffs, and use the
>   > correct options for the version found on the individual
>   > system.  I also have the iso's of rh7.3 and rh8.0 here, and
>   > the oldest I have, in the 7.3 images, is 11.1-2, so
>   > gettext-10.40 would seem to be ancient.
>   >
>   >It's available at
>   >ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.10.40.tar.gz.
>
>   Looks like I have a kde configuration problem here, it feeds
> that link to ark, and ark has now downloaded it 7 or 8 times,
> using a hashed name in /tmp/.kde-root/*tar.gz, but even if I
> leave ark running, the file doesn't exist in /tpm/.kde-root.
> I've tried to reconfigure ark to use my regular downloads
> directory, but thats not "taking" either.  Its "save as" doesn't.
>
>Just use ftp.

Got it, but haven't done anything on it yet, got new problem.  I
cannot print from the gimp, it says the print plugin or whatever,
dies on invocation, and the sane/gimp interface is also missing.
And it turns out that this new honeydo needs to be done by 10:30
tomorrow moring.  So I'm not even gonna have time to go get a C82.
I thought gimp-print included a script you put in the gimps plugin
directory but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in
4.2.6-pre1's readme's.

Help?

--
Cheers, Gene