List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] printrc file format
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-30 2:29:58

   From: Roger Leigh <roger@whinlatter.uklinux.net>
   Date: 29 Jan 2003 12:23:34 +0000

   Currently the xml loader controls what is done with the data, but with
   the curves, you might want to control where the stp_curve_t ends up
   (i.e. assign it yourself).

   The loading is done in two stages:
   1. XML file -> in core XML tree representation
   2. XML tree -> stp data structures

   If the user were to do the first stage themselves, then they can
   control what is done with the data, i.e.:

   xmlNode *xmlcurve = ...; /* XML curve node */
   stp_curve_t curve = stp_xml_process_curve(xmlcurve);

   When wanting to output (or embed) the curve in an XML file, then the
   reverse could be done:

   stp_curve_t curve = ...;
   xmlNode *xmlcurve = stp_xml_curve_create(curve);

   Then this can now be added to a larger tree, and/or saved to a file.

I think I'd like to retain something like the stp_curve_read()
interface, so that merely saving/loading a curve doesn't require
knowledge of XML, if that's possible.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net