List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Color management
From:       Robert L Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2002-07-26 22:51:38

   Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:56:11 -0400
   From: Michael Sweet <mike@easysw.com>

   I've been playing with both the Argyll and lcms code to develop the
   necessary hooks in the CUPS 1.2 RIPs for ICC; both seem to link
   profiles and generate the right colors for the printer, etc., so
   that might be a way to test things with standard C.

   I'm hoping to get some "real" profiles generated (via a DTP41 and
   the Argyll stuff) to test with both GIMP-print and the Print Pro
   drivers and the new CUPS 1.2 ICC colorspaces Real Soon Now.p

I'd like to come up with an API that lets us plug in different color
management systems, including Hubert's and others.  I'd really like
for everyone to use the CMYK16 (or, alternatively, the raw) color
inputs for this purpose.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net