List:       gimp-print-announce
Subject:    [Gimp-print-announce] Gutenprint 5.2.14 Release
From:       Robert Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2018-04-23 1:23:11

Gutenprint 5.2.14 is a stable release of Gutenprint 5.2.  Please
report any problems to gimp-print-devel@lists.sourceforge.net.  It may
be downloaded from our web site, http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net.
The direct download is
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/gutenprint-5.2/5.2.14/gutenprint-5.2.14.tar.bz2/download

Gutenprint 5.2.14 adds full color support for PCL5c laser printers,
among other improvements.

Gutenprint is a suite of printer drivers for UNIX, Linux, and
Macintosh OS X systems (10.6 and above) that use CUPS as their
printing system.  Gutenprint currently supports over 2600 printers.
It also includes an enhanced Print plug-in for GIMP that replaces the
print plug-in packaged with the GIMP distribution.

Gutenprint 5.2.14 is currently available in source form.  A binary
release for Macintosh OS X 10.6 and above will be available shortly.

* Changes from 5.2.13

  1) The PCL driver now supports color laser printers that use PCL 5c
     natively (as opposed to emulation).  The support is considered to
     be preliminary at this time.

     Color quality is significantly improved since 5.2.14-pre2.

     * The following printers now support color printing:

       Epson ActionLaser AL-C8600
       Epson ActionLaser AL-C8600 PS3
       HP Color LaserJet 2500
       HP Color LaserJet 5
       HP Color LaserJet 5000
       HP Color LaserJet 8550GN
       Kyocera FS-5800C
       Kyocera FS-5900C
       Kyocera FS-8000C
       Xerox DocuPrint C20
       Xerox WorkCentre 7345

     * Many color laser printers, too numerous to list, have been
       added on specification; please report success or failure with
       any other color laser printer using the Generic PCL Color
       drivers.  Printers that we know about that may be supported are
       listed as UNTESTED Automatically Generated.  Please see the
       supported printer list
       (http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php)
       for the full list of supported printers.

  2) Support for the Brother HL-2030 and HL-2035 has been removed.  We
     have determined that these printers do not use standard PCL; they
     use a proprietary printing method that we cannot support.

  3) A crash that affected certain dyesub printers when used with
     simplified PPD files has been fixed.  The printers involved are:

     Citizen CX-W
     Dai Nippon Printing DS620
     Dai Nippon Printing DS80
     Dai Nippon Printing DS80DX
     Dai Nippon Printing DS820
     Mitsubishi CP-3800DW
     Mitsubishi CP-D70DW
     Mitsubishi CP-D707DW
     Shinko/Sinfonia CHC-S1245
     Shinko/Sinfonia CHC-S2145
     Shinko/Sinfonia CHC-S6145
     Shinko/Sinfonia CHC-S6245

  4) Enhanced support and bugfixes for the following dye-sublimation printers:

     Fujifilm ASK-300
     Sony UP-DR150
     Sony UP-DR200
     Canon SELPHY CP820
     Canon SELPHY CP910
     Canon SELPHY CP1000
     Canon SELPHY CP1200
     Mitsubishi CP-D70DW
     Mitsubishi CP-D707DW  (EXPERIMENTAL)
     Mitsubishi CP-D80DW
     Shinko/Sinfonia CHC-S1245
     DNP DS-RX1HS
     Citizen CY-02

  5) Initial support for EPSON Stylus Pro 7900 (Partial -- no
     orange/green inks)

  6) The SureColor P800, previously marked Experimental, has been
     retuned and is now no longer considered experimental.

  7) The following BW laser printer has been added:

     HP LaserJet 5N

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton