List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Plug-in question
From:       Nathan C Summers <rockwlrs () cs ! byu ! edu>
Date:       2001-03-30 1:40:41

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Wolfgang Mueller wrote:

> SB> Why using hyphen-seaparated-words-is-better is beyond
> SB> me, but it seems to be what folks decided upon.
>
> I guess: it's lisp-ish, and it's what emacs does.
>
> (I would still be interested in hearing the real reason ;-)

Only the illustrious S and P can tell us the exact reasoning, but the c
pdb functions export lotsa_underscore_names, and the db browser and scheme
interfaces substitute a hyphen whereever they see an underscore.  This
really threw me off when I made the first perl<->gimp binding ages ago.

Rockwalrus