List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    [gimp-devel] gif plugin warning/error
From:       <nuke () bayside ! net>
Date:       1998-05-19 3:24:16

i don't know if this is new, but when trying to save an RGB gif, there is
only a small warning on the terminal, and the GUI acts just as if it saved
without a problem. assuming everyone else is like me where they either
aren't looking at the term where gimp was started, or have it minimized or
whatever... this could be bad.

just a few minutes ago, i was drawing a little logo. it was coming along
pretty well, so i converted to indexed and saved as a gif. i closed gimp,
and got another idea for the logo. i went back in, loaded the gif,
converted to RGB, and made some nifty changes. i hit File->Save, and it
went along just as i had saved an indexed gif. so i quit gimp, look at the
xterm and see something to the effect of "RGB images cannot be saved as
GIF". i quickly load gimp back up again, and none of my new idea was
saved.

i was kind of annoyed at that.. i think there should AT LEAST be a dialog
box warning.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |