List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP useability - choosing linear vs perceptually uniform RGB
From:       C R <cajhne () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-04 0:18:15

> I'm just arguing against adding checkboxes arbitrarily just in case the
> user wants to do anything. That's bad UI design.
> I'm trying to discuss the costs and benefits of adding that complexity.
> Isn't this achievable with different tools and methods? Is it needed so
> frequently that is reasonable to add an extra checkbox to every single
> operation?
> Nobody answers that.

I'd say "no", personally. But then again, I think there are lots of ways to
handle this without cluttering the UI further.
I think everyone can have what they want, but we need to think over the UI
proposal a bit more.
As the proposal stands, I'd have to agree with Gez and others to say that
it's just too much extra.
I want what Elle wants, though, in terms of functionality and I think we
could brainstorm a cleaner/better solution while the devs finish with 2.9

Thoughts?