List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    [Gimp-developer] New donation option - Added Flattr button to www.gimp.org
From:       Michael Schumacher <schumaml () gmx ! de>
Date:       2012-07-16 21:15:30

Hi there,

we've added a new donation option to our website - a Flattr button.
It is located just below the donations button in the navigation menu of
http://www.gimp.org

Flattr is a microdonation service that allows you to distribute an
arbitrary amount of money - for example 2 euros - to all the things you
flattr (i.e. click on their Flattr buttons) per month.

Six weeks ago, we received a request to accept donations via this
service, and I thought that it was at least worth a try.

Today, I'm looking at a Flattr thing called
https://flattr.com/thing/707850/GIMP-is-the-GNU-Image-Manipulation-Program,
which has been flattred 4 times (not surprising, as it hasn't been
public yet), with a balance of 18.59 euros, and I'm still struggling
with the task to forward this sum to the GIMP Paypal account without any
intermediate steps :)

Nevertheless, there's now a simple and easy donation option for anyone
who wants to contribute to the GIMP funds - which are spent on
contributors' travel and accommodation expenses or hardware like
graphics tablets - without resorting to cheques, wire transfers or
Paypal, which had been the only options on http://www.gimp.org/donating/
up to now.

Regards,
Michael