List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Motion blur algorithms
From:       Calculemus <calculemus1988 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-15 21:21:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

So if I understand right, motion blur is just a convolution
with a mask?

For linear motion blur you create a line and maybe smooth it
a bit.

For zoom motion blur you need to calculate a different mask
for each pixel. So you need a line drawing algorithm to
create masks with lines rotated appropriately to face
the center of the zoom.

Not sure about radial blur.