List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Discard text information.
From:       k1er0n-gnome () yahoo ! co ! uk
Date:       2011-11-29 15:10:14

On Fri, 25/11/11, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion@mpc.com.br> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM,  <k1er0n-gnome@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > In the Layer menu, there is an item called "Discard text information".
> > What options do I have for turning text layers into non-text ones in a
> > script? gimp_image_merge_down() works, but it does other things I don't
> > really need. Is there another option? Thanks.

> Looks like we are missing a PDB way of doing it.
> One thing to do is to "scale" the layer into itself - in Python you can
> call, for example:

Thank you. I've realised that not being able to turn text layers into non-text ones \
wasn't actually the cause of my problem. It was actually a gimp_layer_new() call I \
used.

Some functions have "range" parameters which run from 0 to 255. Others have \
parameters which run from 0 to 1. The "opacity" parameter runs from 0 to 100. At \
least I know now.

Thank you for your suggestion, though.

Kieron