List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    [Gimp-developer] "Color" mode in brushes and layers
From:       Ofnuts <ofnuts () laposte ! net>
Date:       2011-06-16 20:04:28

The doc at http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-layer-modes.html says:

"Color mode uses the hue and saturation of the upper layer and the value
of the lower layer to form the resulting image."

However, this isn't what I see... it seems that the saturation of the
top layer only acts if it's below 0.05 (it then slightly reduces the
saturation from the bottom layer), and "Color" mode otherwise behaves
like "Hue" mode. Am I misssing something? And if not, why this behavior?

--
Bertrand