List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] menu back in the toolbox
From:       Patrick Horgan <phorgan1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-26 6:04:44

On 10/25/2010 12:45 PM, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 10/25/2010 05:19 PM, Patrick Horgan wrote:
>> 1) You press TAB
>>
>> 2) The toolbox and dialogs disappear - good.
>>
>> 3) The nice big drawing surface that you sized just how
>> you wanted it (on purpose!) resizes small and to one
>> corner of the screen.
> I thought I fixed this long ago and I can't reproduce it. What version
> of GIMP are you using?
I was using one from ubuntu cause long ago my git pull
got oddly out of sync and wouldn't pull any more.  I
just threw away my copy of the source, re-based from
the trunk and rebuilt and voila I have no more
complaint about this.  You are a gem among men.  Now if
it would just remember single window mode between
sessions!  It even remembers for me whether I was
displaying the toolbox and dialogs, but when I close
GIMP, it slips out of single window mode then exits,
and comes back up next time in multi-window mode. I've
found the window still resizes unexpectedly and
disconcertingly when zooming in or out on the image (in
single window or multi-window) and when closing an
image or tab.  Also when opening an image smaller than
the drawing surface it is first displayed partially off
the top left forcing scrolling to see the whole thing,
even though the image would fit in the middle of the
drawing surface without any scrolling required.

Patrick