List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp undo-redo tree
From:       Martin Nordholts <enselic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-19 12:43:48

On 09/19/2009 02:12 PM, Jan Rüegg wrote:
> Hello, I am new to gimp development, and I'm trying to implement an undo
> - redo tree in Gimp

Hi Jan and welcome!

I'd love to help you out hacking on GIMP. My preferred way to do tight
collaboration is using IRC. In GIMP's case that's #gimp on irc.gnome.org.

Regarding the patch, it is very hackish at the moment. For the real stuff
you'd need to introduce new abstractions and concepts, otherwise the
implementation will become a hack. But it's a start!

Also, patches should be generated with

  git format-patch origin/master

instead of git-diff. And when distributing patches from web servers it
is good to use the .txt extension so that the patch can easily be shown
within the browser. Often there is no MIME type association for .patch
or .diff.

Best regards,
Martin

--