List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Updating plugin dialog after click in main
From:       Bill Skaggs <weskaggs () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-09 16:34:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

What you want is probably either a GimpColorSelection
( http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/libgimpwidgets/GimpColorSelection.html )
or a GimpColorButton
( http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/libgimpwidgets/GimpColorButton.html ),
which pops up a GimpColorSelection when pressed.  I don't think there is any
way
to get it to update automatically when the core changes.  Once upon a time
this
happened without any programming needed, but in the current Gimp, each
plug-in has its own "context" for things like colors, and there is no way
for
the core Gimp application to pass messages to a plug-in, except in response
to a
request from the plug-in.  The only way to do it, as far as I know, is for
the
plug-in to interrogate the core at regular intervals to see if anything has
changed, and that's a nasty solution.

  -- Bill