List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Need feedback for the new PDF plugin
From:       LightningIsMyName <lightningismyname () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-06 9:17:16

Hello,

I tried the new GIMP 2.7 and now I saw what the export feature behaves
like. After some thought I reached the conclusion that we should
probably merge both procedures (single and multi page) into one
procedure for exporting everything.
However I also have 2 new additions:
1. The export parameters (aka the pages and optimization) should be
saved for each image individually. If the export is automatically
suggested for the same file as last time, we should save the
parameters for each file - which means saving the parameters for each
image.
2. We should warn the user when he wants to re-export the PDF if one
of the images that was a part of the PDF was closed, so he won't
overwrite his PDF and loose pages.

For feature 1, we need to make sure the parameters are saved per image
but are only relevant for the current session (since the pages are the
open images, not images from files). I need some help here on how to
do this...
Should I save the parameters to some file instead of adding the to the
image? Then I can probabbly use the quit() procedure of the plugin to
delete this file. This is the only solution I could think off, and
then, should I use the .gimpX.X/tmp/ dir for saving the file?

Waiting for feedback =)
~ Barak