List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Building GIMP plugins on Windows is more
From:       "Alexia Death" <alexiadeath () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-27 11:52:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

2008/10/27 Jernej Simončič <jernej@ena.si>

> On Monday, October 27, 2008, 11:00:57, steve@advance-software.com wrote:
>
> > Your build system needs work. I'm sorry you don't like hearing that.
>
> The build system works like with most other open source programs
> (excluding Mozilla and OpenOffice.org). If you know how to build one
> of those programs, you can build the rest of them in the same way.

I've built gimp with MSYS/Mingw on windows.  The hardest part of it is
getting all the dependencies installed and up do date.The same went for
cygwin, but stuff its installer wanted to download for this simple task was
huge.As an upside, it does offer a GUI installer. I think this dispute boils
down to what one has already set up. Its the same amount of trouble for both
and the result depending on cgywin if you use that. Making native building
easyer on windows IMHO boils down to offering a prepackaged MSYS/Mingw env
with up do date libs in place for drop-in use.

--
--Alexia