List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] simple suggestion for the UI
From:       Martin Nordholts <enselic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-13 14:18:41

devvv wrote:
> I tried the svn trunk some days ago and I wanted to suggest that if
> someone double clicks the main window (the one that is displayed if no
> other image is opened) the "new image" dialog should open.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion!

That window is planned to be filled with an on-demand tip system in 2.8.
It is not yet clear exactly how that will look or work, but since a
double-click might not be as natural then as it is now, we should wait
with doing that change until the fate of the no-image-window is clearer.

Doing it for 2.6 risks a regression if we need to remove it in 2.8 again.

Best regards,
Martin Nordholts