List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] proposed solution
From:       Sven Neumann <sven () gimp ! org>
Date:       2008-06-13 17:13:54

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 18:21 +0200, gib_mir_mehl@gmx.net wrote:

> The issue of Export/Save/data-loss-protection is in my regard more of a bug which
> should be fixed as soon as possible than part of UI redesign. As with any fix this
> might be superseded by a more general solution later on.

It's definitely too late to introduce larger changes in trunk as we are
closing in on the GIMP 2.6 release and the tree can be considered
tentatively feature-frozen.

On the other hand that should give us enough time to come up with a
proper solution that can be implemented in the next development cycle.
Preferably a complete spec would be ready when 2.6 is released.

Sven