List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Negative Press
From:       Robert Krawitz <rlk () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2007-11-03 19:18:55

   Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 14:47:18 -0400
   From: "Barry Loo" <barry.loo5966@gmail.com>

   GIMP just got some negative press at linux.com.  What are y'alls
   opinions on it?

   http://www.linux.com/feature/120635

I've had my share of issues with the GIMP UI (and I've been vocal
about it at times), but I think this piece is completely off the mark.
It's really no different from a group of people going off into a small
room to focus on something rather than being constantly interrupted by
everyone passing by.  That was a particularly unfortunate out of
context quote of Peter Sikking's.

The only one of the three that I've met is Ellen Reitmayr (at the
April 2006 printing summit in Atlanta), and my impression was most
certainly not that she isn't interested in listening to other people.
She and a couple of other of the UI folks spent a couple of hours
brainstorming on Gutenprint UI issues.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@alum.mit.edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net