List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Designing a Better Font Selection Widget for use
From:       michael chang <thenewme91 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-27 21:22:16

On 9/27/05, Edward H. Trager <ehtrager@umich.edu> wrote:
> ... regarding a proposal for an improved font selection drop-down
> widget that would be ideal for use in professional-quality Open Source
> word processing, desktop publishing, and graphic design programs

>     http://eyegene.ophthy.med.umich.edu/unicode/fontdialog/

As a user, this sounds like a very awesome proposal, and if
implemented, would revolutionize font GUIs for users.  I don't know
whether it could cause a problem with Usability (e.g. Text to Speech
systems) though...

Just a note (and yes, I'm nit-picking), but there is no such thing as
'a Chinese pangram'.  Chinese uses individual characters for every
word (AFAIK), so you'll just have to choose some sample text that is
representative of the language, or make some up.  IIRC, Japanese has
an alphabet, though, and Chinese has a sort of 'proununciation'
alphabet (but that's seperate).

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents