List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Memory usage for scripts  - was Re: [Gimp-developer] image growing
From:       "Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" <gwidion () mpc ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-11-18 1:36:20

Meanwhile, a hint on this undo subject for script/plugin writers:
I found out it to be more eficient in memory usage, if aplicable, of
course, to create a new image, disable undo in it (I cannont tell the
difference between freeze/disable so far), and do your script stuff
in there. When finalizing, copy your resulting drawable back to the
original image.

gimp_image_undo_group_start won't save your memory.

BTW, some of the included scheme scripts could benefit from this.

	JS
	-><-