List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    [Gimp-developer] Re: c++ with plugin-template
From:       Markus Triska <triska () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-06-30 23:12:15

Christoph Lutz wrote:

> As I didn't know how to set up all the automake/autoconfigure-stuff, I
> temporary simply changed the  CC-Variable in the  <plugin>/src/Makefile,
> but this is insufficient, I guess... Could you please give me some
> hints, how to change the compiler in the plugin-templates
> configure/automake-files, so that I could pack and release my plugin?

The key file here is configure.in. It contains the line

AC_PROG_CC

which will make the (resulting) "configure" script search for a C compiler.
gcc is indeed the C compiler (dispite the somewhat misleading name), while
the C++ compiler is called "g++".

I have recently worked with the gimp-plugin-template myself and found it quite
useful, so feel free to e-mail me if you have questions, or take a look at
the "magiceye" plug-in (in the registry) to see how I have done it.

Best regards,
Markus.