List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp development
From:       "Branko Collin" <collin () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2002-03-26 17:46:24

On 26 Mar 2002, at 12:55, Maurice PHILIPPE wrote:

> i'd like to know if , with Gimp, i can analyse an image in batch mode.
> For example, i'd like to write a program that could send an existing
> image to Gimp and ask him what my image contains: colours, text, fonts
> etc... .
>
> Is it possible to do this with Gimp ?

Could you be a bit more specific about what you want to do?

Which operations? Which file formats? Which platforms?

Although in the end the GIMP can do all you want, there are many
tools that may be better for your purposes.

For which file formats, for instance, do you want to know text and
fonts?

--
branko collin
collin@xs4all.nl