List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Undo breaks in script-fu (sometimes)
From:       lasm <lasm () rocketmail ! com>
Date:       2002-02-23 5:33:39

Hi Jeff,

   I have tried to verify the bug and it happens consistently.
As long as the upper stitch layers is selected, and Ctrl-Z, the system
will hang, there is a null pointer somewhere. However if the lower
layer is selected, Ctrl-Z is O.K.

   There is also an error message
Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to 'GimpDrawable'
   when the system hangs.

    Probably good idea to track it in bugzilla.

re,
lasm

> Hi, all -
>
> I have discovered a reproducible way to put the gimp (1.2.3)
> into a tight loop.  Try this:
>
> 1.  Open an image
> 2.  Run the cross-stitch script over it.
> 3.  Change the active layer to the stitches layer
> 4.  Undo (Ctl-Z).  Gimp goes into a loop.
>
> I think it has to do with the script flipping between RGB and
> Indexed mode a couple of times - but why undo should get
> confused when a different layer is selected baffles me.
>
> I'd appreciate it if someone would take a quick look at this -
> if it's really a bug, and not something bizarre in my script,
> I'll file this with bugzilla.

=====

visit these great web sites at
http://www.GodsImmediateContact.com/INTRODUCTION_video.html