List:       ggi-user
Subject:    Undefined Reference - ggiInit and other functions
From:       "Jason Alan Smith" <bsmith1 () kscable ! com>
Date:       1999-09-26 21:44:55

Hello--

I am using Redhat 6.0.  The libggi and libgii compiled and installed without
a hitch.  The demo programs run fine.  However, when I tried to write a
simple program and compile it, I always recieve undefined reference errors
with any ggi function such as ggiInit.  Now I have made sure that
/usr/local/lib is in the file /etc/ld.so.conf and even in the path.  I have
also set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable to /usr/local/lib.  I
have tried to use the -I and -L parameters to gcc pointing to /usr/local/lib
and variants.  I tried to compile one of the demo programs and recieved the
same errors.  I am unfamilier with make and autoconf and the like.  Though I
tried to scan through the make file to see what the exact command was to
compile.  I have checked the documentation on the web site but did not find
anything of use.  I am hoping that some of you have suggestions.  I thank
you all in advance for answering another newbie question.  Thank you.

Jason Alan Smith
mailto:bsmith1@kscable.com