List:       ggi-develop
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: XGGI 1.6.2 released
From:       Andreas Beck <becka () uni-duesseldorf ! de>
Date:       2000-10-22 10:05:19

> > Got one. Can't Zap it. No matter how the dontzap parameter is (un)set.
> > Nasty thing if I have one of those runaway netscape processes still attached
> > when I try to quit normally. Got to VTswitch and kill it.
> Hmm, seems to work here.
> Could you run inputdump or something and check that there's nothing
> strange going on with LibGII?

I have nailed it down. It is indeed not an XGGI bug, but something with
LibGII or rather the kernel mapping:

I experimented some and found that it would work, when I pressed the keys in
the counter-Intuitive order: BackSpace - Ctrl - Alt

GGI_DEBUGging it found:

LibGII: Linux-kbd: NOSUCHKEY
LibGII: KEY-DN button=0x0e modifiers=0x06 sym=0xe000 label=0x0008

I assume the previous version used the labels instead of the symbols or
something.

I fixed it by adding

control alt     keycode  14 = Delete

to my keymap. We should either document that, or maybe use the labels.

Is there a specific reason not to use the labels ?

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <becka@ggi-project.org>        =