List:       ggi-develop
Subject:    GGI_AUTO (was: Re: O.K. - backported LibGGImisc to devel rep ... ARGH
From:       Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu () elixir ! e ! kth ! se>
Date:       1998-06-30 20:39:55

> > > This happens only on the KGI target - right ? It hasn't been updated to
> > > recognize GGI_AUTO. Someone should finally do that ... C'mon it's easy ...
> > That will require the KGI drivers to export information about
> > what modes it can handle. Do we currently have an interface for
> > this?
>
> Not needed. The Thing to change are the KGI drivers to recognize the GGI_AUTO.
> They know.

They do? I thought the monitor, chipset and ramdac driver
contained separate check_mode functions that doesn't
know anything about each other, or am I wrong here?

But the real reason not to put this into KGI drivers are that
it's not neccesary. Why put something in the kernel if it
doesn't need to be there for security or performance reasons?

//Marcus