List:       ggi-develop
Subject:    Re: ggi Debian packages
From:       Emmanuel Marty <core () suntech ! fr>
Date:       1998-06-30 19:58:59

Marcus Sundberg wrote:

[Thomas Tanner did]

> >  It was not commited to the stable tree yet and the version in the
> >  devel tree is not working. You can download a working snapshot from
> >  http://home.pages.de/~tanner/files/libggi2d.tar.gz
> >  (unpack it to /lib)
>
> Excuse me?
> If there's a working libggi2d, why do we have a broken one in the
> CVS tree that will become a stable release in a few hours?!?

Well, I jumped at that too, but actually - libggi2D is not ready for
integration right now (Thomas, please correct me if I'm assuming the
wrong thing, in which case nevermind me) :

1) It duplicates libggi headers such as types.h etc ; that's a small change
    to get to use the now standard ones, but it needs to be done (Marcus,
    you don't want to realter types.h again right? Me neither :) Oh and,
    nice work on that btw, it seems to be fine everywhere now).

2) It doesn't use the new extension scheme..

I hope Thomas can fix those issues, if not already, and commit libggi2D
to the development repository soon.. And hopefully by august 1st we'll have
it into the stable one too, if it works fine..

--
Emmanuel