List:       ggi-develop
Subject:    Re: [ggi-develop] ggiwidget text-history enhancement
From:       Andreas Beck <becka-list-ggidevel () bedatec ! de>
Date:       2009-03-26 9:27:42

Peter Rosin <peda@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> Den 2009-03-26 08:47 skrev Andreas Beck:
> > The more I think about the problems that pop up around compound widgets
> > and the more I think about how simple it was to make the view-widget for
> > Eccet, the more I tend to simply ditch the compound widgets and replace
> > them by proxy widgets.
> With a proxy widget, do you mean a widget that (perhaps) creates internal
> widgets but do not insert them in /the/ tree, instead it keeps them in
> its own tree (or whatever structure it feels like) hidden from the world?

Yes, exactly. Many compound widgets currently keep pointers to their
children anyway to directly access them for sending updates and
synchronizing changes.

So this might even simplify things. Main problem I see is that we have those
loops that search for set flags to e.g. redraw.

Those might not work correctly anymore without the proxy widget doing extra
work.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck | Email: <becka-sig-ggi@bedatec.de>  =