List:       ggi-develop
Subject:    RE: [ggi-develop] Latest cvs on win32/mingw
From:       "Peter Ekberg" <peda () axentia ! se>
Date:       2004-10-01 6:09:46

Albert Graef wrote:
>> You could also try to "configure --disable-debug", but I have not
>> tried that myself, and it might do more than you want.
>
> CFLAGS=-O should do about the same, and it doesn't make a great
> difference. strip did the trick, though.

Ok, I did some investigation and this is how it works:
If you don't specify CFLAGS, configure will conviniently set it to
"-g -O2", and if you don't specify --disable-debug, configure adds
another "-g". You have to do both to not get debug info for
everything in windows.h et al in the dlls.

Cheers,
Peter