List:       ggi-develop
Subject:    Re: more freebsd problems
From:       Christoph_Egger () t-online ! de (Christoph Egger)
Date:       2002-04-01 8:15:45

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Jeffrey Drake wrote:

> I have just tried ggi with svgalib and it didn't freeze the computer this
> time, it rebooted it.

I guess, this happens when exiting, right?

There is a known bug in the svgalib target. On my machine, the app
allocates continously memory until it gets killed by the OS or by me.
On other Linux Boxes, the apps just crashs...

> I am thinking i will have to use X windows, but I would like to avoid
> that if I can.
>
> Can anyone offer some advice on what to do?

Does something like Linux/fbdev also exist on FreeBSD?

> Also, I have tried to configure ggi with '--with-gii=/usr/local' and
> it does the same message.
>
> Any help here would be appreciated. I would really like to know if
> anyone has gotten ggi to work without X on freebsd.

Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr> is the author of the vgl target. I guess,
he did it.

CU,

Christoph Egger