List:       ggi-develop
Subject:    Re: seg. fault when using ggi
From:       Andreas Beck <becka () uni-duesseldorf ! de>
Date:       2002-01-13 14:35:31

> Ok, until here you opened a X-target successfully.
> Then you closed it immediately.
>
> Here, you reopened it. Why do close it before?

I suppose that is some quirk resulting from the SDL-via-ggi bridging.

> Here you set a (default?) mode 640x480 16bit.
> Videomode is set successfully.
> > LibGGI: GGI_X_flush(0x805c400, 1) called
> > and then Seg.fault occur.
>
> The segfaults happens during a flush? hmm...
> Does the segfault go away, when you _don't_ reopen the X-target?

I'd say: Probably yes.

> Can somebody else confirm, that a segfault happens, when calling ggiOpen()
> the 2nd time like this:
> 1. open X-target 2. close X-target 3. open X-target 4. close X-target

Yes. That happened in earlier versions. It is probably the same problem
that I encountered with my multi-visual application that dynamically
opens and closes visuals. It should be fixed in CVS.

> If so, then something in the (un)initialization code is wrong.

It was. Please upgrade to the CVS version and retry. If the problem goes
away, it is very likely that I guess right.

Please make sure to upgrade both LibGII and LibGGI, as there are fixes to
both libs WRT to multi-visual and repeated-open-close type applications.

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <becka@bedatec.de>             =