List:       ggi-develop
Subject:    Re: Error compiling libggi-2.0.1
From:       Martin Albert <ma () debian ! org>
Date:       2001-09-16 6:36:46

On Saturday 15 September 2001 15:52, Sven Garbade wrote:
> Maybe this helps: Debian Potato, Xfree 3.3.6, Kernel 2.2.17
>
> I just wanted to compile libggi-2.0.1, but this error occured:

Debian libggi_2.0.1 has build depends only for xlibs-dev from X4, not
xlib6g for X3.

The binary packages depend on xlibs | xlib6g, but the libc might be
quite high against potato (used the oldest acceptable for woody).

Instructions to compile on potato can be found in the source package in
debian/README.potato.

Basically: You can't build libggi2 (dga at least) with X3 development
libraries. This is not Debian specific. You may try to configure with
--disable-dga.

I'm clearly interested in keeping as much backward compatibility as
possible, currently the mentioned problems exist.

Greetings, martin