List:       gfs-users
Subject:    Re: [gfs-users] changing the gfs configurationI had no problems to install gfs on four machines + 1
From:       David Teigland <teigland () sistina ! com>
Date:       2000-11-20 15:17:04

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 02:38:44PM +0100, Matthias Schlett wrote:
> array. Now I use the X10 STOMITH method and memexpd in my gfs
> configuration.

Are you currently using X10 for stomith?  Does it work ok?  We have done
little to no testing with this stomith method.

> Next year when the dmep firmware will be available from
> Dothill or when I will change the STOMITH to nps I'll have to change the
> configuration. In which order the changes I'll have to make ?

1. unmount file system on all GFS nodes
2. gfsconf -d cidev
3. gfsconf -c newconfig
4. mount gfs on all GFS nodes

That's it.

> I hope the filesystem itself will not be affected.

It will not affect the file system.

> Later I will add 2 more machines. There was no suggestion about this
> enhancement, but I made a filesystem with 6 journals. Or exists a
> possibility to add journals later ?

There will be a way to expand an existing file system and add journals.

--
Dave Teigland  <teigland@sistina.com>