List:       gfs-devel
Subject:    [gfs-devel] multi-level shared filesystem
From:       christophe_barbé <christophe.barbe () lineo ! fr>
Date:       2001-06-11 15:08:40

I'm experiencing problems with a config that I was thinking to be safe.

I shared fiberchannel devices via gnbd. I don't use the devices on the
fiber-channel hosts so I avoid deadlock with gnbd. A typical configuration
is like the following :

    -------------------------- FC link
        |               |
    +---*---+       +---*---+
    | host1 |       | host2 |
    +-------+       +-------+
        |               |
        | sub-network   |
        |               |
        | +-------+     | +-------+
        *-| node1 |     |-| node3 |
        | +-------+     | +-------+
        |
        | +-------+
        *-| node2 |
        | +-------+

host[12] export fc devices /dev/sda[12] via gnbd.
node[123] import this two devices via gnbd and use there as a gfs
partitions.

Modifications from node[12] are not seen by node3.
I need to restart host2 in order to see the modifications.

I know that gnbd is supposed to be synchrone. When we write over gnbd the
gnbd server write the buffer to the disk before sending the acknoledge to
the gnbd client.
So I suppose that the data are cached by the linux block device layer.

What do you mean about that ?

Christophe ...

PS: I'm still looking for isp2200 documentations; informations and uptodate
IP-enabled firmware.

--
Christophe Barbé
Software Engineer - christophe.barbe@lineo.fr