List:       gfs-devel
Subject:    Re: [gfs-devel] direct io --
From:       "Michael J. Declerck" <declerck () sistina ! com>
Date:       2001-06-06 23:07:36

David,

There have been some discussions about adding Direct-IO support to GFS
recently.  We haven't decided whether we want to implement this before
GFS v5.0 (at least 6-9 months) or not.  If there was enough demand from
the community for this feature with rationale behind why they would like
it we would definitely consider implementing it sooner.  I need that
information though to do the analysis and decide what currently planned
features should be pushed back to move it forward.  If you could provide
that information it would be greatly appreciated.

David.Brower@oracle.com said:
> The current release of the XFS code includes support for direct io
> (bypassing the buffer cache).  Is there any plan to look at that for
> GFS?   Near, mid or long term?

---
Michael Declerck, declerck@sistina.com   +1.510.823.7991