List:       gfs-devel
Subject:    [gfs-devel] NFS with and without GFS
From:       "Srini Sankaran" <srinisan () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-01-06 1:53:13

I am considering running a group of 3-4 NFS servers, all hooked up
to the same RAID subsystem using GFS. I have a question regarding
performance.

Say I have a DMEP-capable controller on an external RAID box.
Say I have one Linux machine with GFS hooked up to this RAID
box to serve NFS.

My question is:
Will this Linux machine offer worse NFS performance than the
same configuration without GFS? If the answer is yes, how worse?

-thanks
-Srini...