List:       getmail
Subject:    Re: socket error ([Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol)
From:       Chris Hobbs <hobbs.c.k () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-17 16:19:30

Thanks for your help,

IPv6 is disabled on the server but the problem was that the firewall kept
filtering out traffic on port 995 so it went through checking IPv4 first
then I seemed to use IPv6 as a fallback when traffic on port 995 was denied
using IPv4. Then since IPv6 is disabled on the system it gave the address
protocol error. I had someone else look at it yesterday afternoon and he
spotted the firewall issue. So turns out to be a simple issue I was just
overlooking.

Thanks!