List:       getmail
Subject:    Re: Maildir "maximum recursion depth exceeded" error
From:       Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic () ieee ! org>
Date:       2013-05-11 3:48:21

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Charles Cazabon
<search-web-for-address@pyropus.ca> wrote:
> Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic@ieee.org> wrote:
> > Odd that you only reproduced it with Python 2.3, since I was using 2.7.3.
>
> Hrm, I didn't realize that.  Is the machine you're running getmail on really
> low on memory?
>
> If you're using Python 2.7.3, my change won't (or shouldn't) have any effect.

I had this problem on an older 32-bit machine with about 600 MB of
RAM, but it's got plenty of swap.  I didn't see any indication that
low memory was related to the problem.  Since Saturday (when the
problem started), I've been using Debian wheezy, which uses Python
2.7.3 by default.

KEN