List:       getmail
Subject:    Re: Filter mail storage inbox using dovecot + sieve
From:       "Charles Cazabon" <search-web-for-address () pyropus ! ca>
Date:       2010-02-03 19:36:43

Mariano La Torre <mariano.thetower@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry but i have a problem with English but I do my best...

That's fine, we're doing our best to understand.  By the way, please don't
top-post - trim the material you quote to just what's necessary, and post your
text underneath the relevant part, like this.

> The question is about getmail.  I want to know if it is possible for
> the program (getmail) to set the messages as read, so that when they
> are imported my mailbox is not full of unread messages.

You're talking about what happens to messages after getmail delivers them, I
think -- no, getmail has no influence over how your MUA displays messages as
"read" or "new".

It sounds like you're retrieving your mail with getmail but you don't actually
want to read it - like you're retrieving it only for backup purposes.  If
that's the case, consider having getmail deliver to a different folder/mailbox
than your normal "inbox" containing your new mail.

Charles