List:       getmail
Subject:    Re: cyrus
From:       Barbarossa <hayreddin () parti-pirate ! ch>
Date:       2009-08-24 4:29:25

AJ Weber wrote:
> Does anyone else have it running with cyrus?

This is how I deliver to a user's inbox:

type = MDA_external
path = /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver
arguments = ("username", )

Or to another mailbox:

type = MDA_external
path = /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver
arguments = ("-m", "user/username/mailboxname", "-a", "username")

"user" is the actual name of Cyrus' internal directory where user
mailboxes are stored so do not replace that by the user's name.

Note that Cyrus occasionally (rarely) refuses to accept delivery of some
emails which I assume are slightly malformed. I haven't looked into the
issue (yet) so I don't know what's so peculiar about these emails.
Getmail handles this case gracefully in any case.